Our client, a large Dept of Defense contractor, is in need of Assembly Operator - 3rd shift. The Assembly Operator's primary function is to perform a variety of tasks to assemble potted modules that meet all specifications and that only quality product moves forward. The ideal candidate must be able to multitask in a manufacturing environment for the purpose of assembling or inspecting night vision assemblies against set criteria with collected data for use in the production and compliance assurance of image tubes.
All of the work will be performed in an environment that requires prolonged sitting or standing.
• Must be able to consistently report to work and be on time for scheduled shift
Major functions: • Ability to work with small fragile parts
• Ability to follow work instructions and make operation entries on computer terminals
• Microscope and inspection experience
• Use of hand tools and specialized testing equipment
• Participate in process improvements
• Keep work area orderly and clean
• Teamwork oriented
• Work with engineering and engineering technicians
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 1 to 2 years related work experience
• Previous ISO environment experience
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of all safety (mechanical, chemical, electrical) procedures applicable to the job
• J-STD solder certification and/ or experience preferred
• Lean manufacturing principles and 5-S
• Computer experience required and Microsoft literacy preferred
• United States citizenship required
• High School/ GED preferred
• Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively in English
Marathon Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.