Under general supervision, responsible for maintaining the integrity of organizational data through the thorough, accurate, and timely entering of all information related to new hires and various personnel changes into the Human Resources database system. This position is also a strong contributor to a positive onboarding experience by launching the necessary applications in a timely manner to move candidates successfully through the process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of all new hires, transfers, salary changes, in database system and ensure corrections are made as needed
- Work with Managers, Payroll and other HR teammates regarding questions about employee information
- Assist teammates with questions pertaining to W4’s, address change, tax changes and other HR related inquiries
- Create electronic personnel files and ensure all pertinent personnel-related documentation is included within the file
- Complete New Hire Paperwork
- Conduct E-Verify with I-9 documentation ensuring accuracy and obtaining missing information where needed
- Provide regular status updates of candidate’s onboarding progress in the recruitment spreadsheet and applicant tracking system; provide status updates on personnel changes
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree (or in final semester of program) and a minimum of six months processing personnel transactions within an HRIS system and basic understanding of HR employment policies and procedures, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in a high-volume, multi-unit, multi-state environment preferred.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelors Degree
- Basic knowledge of human resources employment policies and procedures to ensure integrity of data within the HRIS system
- Ability to key high-volumes of data in an accurate and timely manner within the HRIS system
- Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality and preserve data security
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple levels of the organization and team members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and change focus quickly to meet business needs within a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications ability to learn and become proficient with new and existing company specific software applications; ability to become proficient with the applicant tracking system and other onboarding related software
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to recommend practical decisions and solutions
- Strong customer focus and consistently performs with a sense of urgency
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Six months experience in data entry, customer service, or similar position
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Knowledge of the basic principle of all States personnel laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of related computer applications including database entry and Microsoft.
- Strong and effective communication skills – written & oral in English and Spanish preferred.
- Able to communicate and work well independently and in a team environment and must be self-directed with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with Federal DOL, Wage & Hour rules and laws.
- Familiar with Employee Laws and EEOC guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize and continuously follow up on projects and deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills, strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone and email.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Executive
- Job type: Contract