Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a naval architect for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Silver Springs, MD.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide broad engineering and technical leadership for current and future work under various NOAA maritime support contracts.
- Proactively work with clients to identify emerging program requirements and develop support plans.
- Effectively work with multi-disciplined projects/teams that may include Government, subcontractors, and peers.
- Must be willing to and capable of performing and/or leading ship design studies, requirements development, analysis of alternatives, design reviews, trade-off studies, engineering analyses, and calculations (Structural/Trim/Stability/Damage/Seakeeping/ect) as well as other technical, acquisition and programmatic functions as required.
- Additional duties may include drawing review/modification, vessel stability analysis, technical writing, contract management, configuration management and construction oversight
- Effectively interface and liaison with ABS, USCG, and other regulatory agencies. Some travel can be expected to support shipyard availabilities.
- BS or higher in Naval Arch, Marine Engineering, or Mech Eng.
- 10-15+ years experience in an engineering discipline for strategic planning, requirements analysis, concept design and development, feasibility studies, engineering, test and evaluation, systems integration, program implementation, and construction for mechanical, marine and/or electrical engineering projects. Shipboard, ship design, shipbuilding and/or shipyard experience is a must.
- Proficient in various NA/ME software tool sets (ACAD, Rhino, GHS, Orca3D, POSSE, HECSALV, etc)
- PE in Naval Architecture/Marine or other engineering
- Masters in engineering, MBA or post grad mgmt degree
- PMP certification (or equivalent) with maritime related program/acquisition management experience.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Outside the US
- Category: Engineering
- Job type: Contract