Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a full time ED Registered Nurse for the VAMC in Reno, NV to work as a civilian.
For more information, please contact Michael Brown-Jones at 407-591-3084 or send a resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANY State License
BLS & ACLS
Immunizations: TB, MMR, Varicella, TdAP, Flu, Hep B vaccination or Hep B declination form prior to starting, not needed for submittal
- Obtain patient history and pertinent family history.
- Assess patient and plan appropriate nursing care.
- Document plan of care and care given in patient’s medical record.
- Verify transcription of physician’s orders, no verbal orders are to be accepted.
- Carry out prescribed physician’s orders and document inpatient medical record.
- Communicate pertinent patient data to charge nurse and/or physician as appropriate.
- Re-assess patient’s condition and revise plans of care based on identified nursing problem.
- Administer medications and IV therapies.
- Possess knowledge of actions and usual dosages of most commonly used emergency drugs and their location on crash cart.
- Assess and document patient response to medication that have been administered.
- Be able to interpret cardiac rhythms and their implications.
- Reorganize and initiate appropriate measures in emergencies/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures that must be accomplished.
- Instruct patient/family regarding prescribed medications/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures that must be accomplished
- Assess patient/family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient/family demonstrated level of understanding.
- Operate defibrillator, EKG machines and cardiac monitor and other emergency technical equipment.
- Care for patients with Swan-Ganz Catheters, Arterial lines and mechanical ventilators.
- Participate in discharge planning, as appropriate.
- Be able to initiate life saving measures in the absence of physicians.
- Assure content and correctness of a prepared report and sign the document to validate its content.
- Maintain neat, personal appearance and maintain professional decorum
- Consistently, apply VA customer service standards, demonstrating helpful, courteous, and respectful conduct at all times.
- Respect patient’s rights, including but not limited to visual and auditory privacy
- Intake and output is assessed every shift, and more frequently if indicated by specific standard nursing drug care.
- Must review all laboratory data, and electronic medical records.
- Must have ability to titrate medications.
- Be responsible for feeding tubes which are aspirated for gastric residual prior to every intermittent feed and every 4 hours for continuous tube feedings.
- Must perform urinary catheter care by using soap and water cleaning technique every twelve hours or as required.
- Ensures that medication orders from the previous shift have been noted and either carried out or transcribed onto the medical records appropriately.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Healthcare
- Job type: Contract