Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking an HVAC controls technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Boston, MA.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at email@example.com.
Under minimal supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors control technicians, service technician and mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Consults with the customer through data gathered and site assessments.
- Provides field proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment.
- Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient execution of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately.
- Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems.
- Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls technicians in the branch.
- Provides safety awareness while working onsite with Johnson Controls subcontractors.
- Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required.
- Other duties related to the installing, commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems, as assigned.
- Vocational School four year program graduate or an Associate’s degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field.
- Degree may be offset by two years’ experience in servicing electronic and or mechanical systems.
- 3 – 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in installing and servicing electronic control and HVAC equipment.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Possesses the ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications as related to the HVAC Industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, BacNet, N2, Modbus, etc).
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Engineering
- Job type: Contract