Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a full time Med/Surg Registered Nurse for the VAMC in Las Vegas, NV to work as a civilian.
Our employees are our greatest asset! We offer the following benefits:
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- PTO and Holidays
- Any State License is Accepted
For more information please contact Claudia Lisenby at 407-591-3974 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ANY State License
- Immunizations: TB, MMR, Varicella, TdAP, Flu, Hep B vaccination or Hep B declination form prior to starting, not needed for submittal
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
- Introduction: In any area of assignment within the Healthcare System, the RN provides direct and indirect nursing care, through assessing patient status, determining priorities, identifying nursing measures and therapeutic objectives and evaluating outcomes. The position requires independent judgment and nursing actions, flexibility, organizational skills, and the ability to utilize an interdisciplinary approach in the provision of nursing care.
- Organizational Relationship: The RN is subject to the professional direction of the VA Nurse Manager / designee during the workweek. On evenings, nights, holidays and weekends, the RN reports through the Charge Nurse to the Nursing Supervisor designee.
- Functions: The services of Med/Surg RN shall be provided in accordance with the policies of the VA Healthcare System where assigned. Nurses shall have professional and legal responsibility to the patient. The RN provides the following services:
- Utilized the nursing process and an inter-disciplinary approach to provide direct, continuous, comprehensive patient care.
- Perform nursing functions related to physician prescribed treatments.
- Assist patient with activities of daily living.
- Administer medications and IV therapies in compliance with local facility policies
- Obtains patient history and pertinent family histories.
- Assess patients and plan appropriate nursing care.
- Document plan of care and care provided in patient’s medical record
- Verify transcriptions of physician’s orders, no verbal orders are to be accepted.
- Carry out prescribed physician orders and document in patient’s medical record.
- Communicate pertinent patient data to charge nurse and or physician as appropriate.
- Re-assess patient’s condition and revise plan of care based on identified nursing problem.
- Assess and document patient’s response to medications and treatments administered.
- Recognize and initiate appropriate measures in emergencies and assist with surgical/diagnostic procedures.
- Instruct patient/family regarding prescribed medications/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures.
- Assess patient/family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient/family demonstrated level of understanding
- Care for patients with a variety of catheters and prostheses.
- Participate in discharge planning
- Be able to initiate life saving measures in the absence of a physician.
- Maintain neat and clean personal appearance with professional decorum.
- Consistently, apply VA customer service standards, demonstrating helpful, courteous, and respectful conduct at all times
- Respect patient rights, including but not limited to visual and auditory privacy.
- The Medical / Surgical Nurses must hold Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Healthcare
- Job type: Contract