Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking an electro-optical engineer for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Greenbelt, MD.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ESES III contract includes the provision of electrical/electronic engineering support services and related work to the Engineering and Technology Directorate. The work includes the study, design, development, fabrication, integration, testing, verification and operations of spaceflight, airborne and ground system hardware and software, including development and validation of new technologies to enable future space and science missions.
- Interact with a multi-disciplinary team in the research, development, and implementation of integrated optical-mechanical-electrical-electro-optical systems and subsystems for ground and space flight applications.
- Define appropriate design, analysis and verification/test plans for new and existing photonic, fiber optic, and electro-optical components.
- Analyze Electrical and electro-optical characterization data for photonics components and subsystems, to verify suitability and reliability in flight application.
- Evaluate existing designs and standard Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products for applicability in high reliability space-flight instrument and spacecraft bus designs.
- Support fabrication, assembly and test of photonic and electro-optical components through system testing and final integration.
- Develop presentation packages for Project and Conferences germane to the NASA activities.
- Required Qualifications:
- BS degree in Optical, Electrical Engineering or physics and two (2) years practical experience with electronic, electro-optical, fiber optic, or photonic manufacturing or test, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Co-op or post graduation experience in fiber optic or electro-optic research or development
- Demonstrated expertise in a laboratory or clean room work environment
- Basic working knowledge of specialized equipment used in fiber-optic/optic/electro-optic facility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Labview is desired
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Engineering
- Job type: Contract