Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Phlebotomist to work in Pueblo, CO promoting and restoring patients’ health.
Our employees are our greatest asset! We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health Benefits
- Any State License is acceptable
For more information, please contact Birkin Torres at 407-776-2410 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have completed a phlebotomy course or equivalent On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Certified (registered) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), National Credentialing Agency (NCA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of phlebotomy experience.
- Education: High school education or equivalent
- 6-months technical training in a clinical setting preferred
- Experience: Minimum one year experience.
- Licensure: Appropriate State License issued by State Board as directed by state law.
- Certification(s): Current CPR certification as required by client, phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Greets and interviews patients.
- Receives and interprets laboratory request slips, reviews request slips for required information, and determines the fitness of the patient for tests requested by the healthcare provider/physician (i.e., fasting state, liquid intake, medication, dietary instruction.)
- Ensures specimens are collected in the amount and type of specimen required (e.g., with or without a particular anticoagulant) for each laboratory test.
- Enters test requests into the electronic medical record system.
- Performs timed blood collection procedures, such as glucose and lactose tolerance tests. Instructs patients on collection of timed urine collections.
- Collects blood specimens from ambulatory or bed patients via venipuncture, finger, heel, or toe stick, as appropriate, using standardized procedures. The blood collection may require the use of a lancet, capillary tube, pipette, or glass slide for blood smears.
- Performs laboratory hematology analytical procedures to include bleeding times.
- Performs glucose testing using the Accu-Chek glucometer. Performs quality control analysis and documentation of results on the glucometer to verify correct instrument operation.
- Dresses the skin puncture site after blood collection. Carefully observes the patient for any sign or symptoms of physiological reactions after blood collection and takes appropriate first aid measures to prevent injury and stabilizes the patient.
- Reviews specimen labels and properly labels collected blood specimens with appropriate patient identification information and delivers specimens within the established time frames.
- Maintains blood collection tray in a clean, hygienic state and replenishes blood collection supplies as needed. Maintains supply levels for drawing stations and shelves on a daily basis.
- Completes applicable documentation to include manual and computer methods.
- Answers telephones, looks up test results in the laboratory computer, and gives test results to requesting healthcare providers/physicians.
- Processes patient demographic data into the laboratory automated data system or manual system. Identifies and corrects patient data errors. Verifies physician, patient care, and records location identifiers, ward and clinic locations, and provider codes for entering accession information into the computer terminal. Works with wards, clinics, and other medical personnel to resolve missing or incorrect data.
- Receives telephone calls and visitors to the laboratory. Determines nature of call or visit. Directs calls or visitors to appropriate personnel, personally provides the Information requested when routine or procedural matters of the laboratory are involved. Applies established guidelines concerning the release of information on test results, adhering to the provisions to the Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Adheres to and maintains a system of supply accountability and inventory management with unit supply custodian to ensure adequate stock levels of consumable supplies are available and minimize waste and ensure uninterrupted services.
- Practices general hospital safety, infection control, aseptic and sterile techniques for safely handling sharps, electrical equipment, and blood or blood by-products.
- Ensures all MTF equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed.
- Ensures a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Healthcare
- Job type: Contract