Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, this position oversees high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. In addition to the duties of an Operations Specialist, the Deputy Operations Manager takes projects from original concept through final implementation. The position interfaces with all areas affected by the project, including end users, distributors, and vendors; it also ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. The Deputy Operations Manager may communicate with company executives and senior government and military personnel regarding the status of specific projects.
The Deputy Operations Manager is responsible for smooth operation of all human resources functions related to the Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC) program, including general human resources support, replacement operations, bench management, logistics, and travel. The Deputy Operations Manager oversees 10-15 Operations Specialists who provide direct support to the MFLCs. Activities relate to overall support of program functions and business operations, with a goal of allowing Field Operations personnel to focus on delivery of non-medical counseling and related support services. The volume of supported contract employees per Deputy Operations Manager will range from 300-500, with positions located at or near U.S. military installations world-wide. Activities in the provision of MFLCs are tracked using an array of database and analytics software including specialized government systems, which requires the Deputy Operations Manager to have a high level of experience with data manipulation and the ability to quickly perform data analytics daily. Day to day operations may require the Deputy Operations Manager to communicate and coordinate with senior internal and external customers. Internal customers will include Program Management Office staff, Senior Field Operations Managers, Region Managers, and Team Leads. External customers may include senior government civilians, military commanders and staff, school district officials, business partners, and other program partners and stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Contract Business Operations
- Maintains staffing levels for all assigned locations/installations.
- Coordinates weekly and daily activities of assigned Operations Specialists.
- Oversees all aspects of the Technical Direction Letter (TDL) process, including BOSS monitoring, acknowledgement and communication of new requirements, confirmation/local POC coordination, and assignment fulfillment.
- Oversees provision of general human resources and logistics support to existing counselors, to include credentialing/expirables, payroll, benefits administration, reassignment, and travel.
- Oversees bench management, onboarding, and travel for new contract employees (MFLCs).
- Collates data for weekly, monthly, and quarterly contract deliverables.
- Prepares and submits multiple weekly and monthly reports, utilizing data and metrics from multiple databases and systems.
- Provides expert opinion on matters affecting overall and clinical performance of employees
- Communicates with Field Operations leadership on a consistent basis to set performance expectations, monitor program performance, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identifies and pursues business development opportunities within the scope of their client relationships/daily interaction.
- Initiates and leads process improvement reviews on policies, objectives, and department operations on a regular basis.
- Responsible for issue resolution as relates to contract performance/customer service.
- Confers with Human Resources personnel regarding job postings, applicants, new hires, discipline, Worker’s Comp. Incidents, and ongoing personnel matters and questions.
- Conducts interviews of applicants to determine clinical qualifications and right fit
- Hires individuals qualified to fill open positions, assuring timely, thorough completion and submission of all required hiring forms
- Oversees, coaches, recognizes, evaluates, disciplines and terminates all employees that he/she is assigned to as applicable.
- Maintains a system to track each employed MFLC within assigned geographic regions, updating Payroll Status as changes occur.
- Follows up on any expiring certifications and licensure relevant to performing job duties, and as mandated by applicable regulations and contract requirements.
- Notifies Operations Manager of situations with personnel that may, or have, led to disciplinary action.
- Manages the financial performance, customer service, and quality outcomes of assigned contracts, adhering to contractual requirements and ensuring all service deliverables are met.
- Develops and mentors team members from a careering perspective; ensuring annual appraisals are completed in a timely manner; goals and work plans are collaboratively (where applicable) and consistently implemented and executed; performance issues are addressed fairly and appropriately; consulting with management/corporate support as appropriate.
Onboarding of Contract Employees:
- Alerts HR of start date to ensure that payroll information is completed
- Coordinates security process, OCONUS country clearance requirements, and onboarding requirements specific to employee work locations.
- Notify employees of timelines and keeps track of requirements.
- Answers questions of employees when required – e.g. dress code, orientation etc.
- Obtains info from COR via BOSS about assignment details.
- Ensures Operations Specialists coordinate with Team Leads to complete local POC verification of assignment details.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must have good management skills.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with government contacts, leaders/supervisors and contract employees
- Highly proficient in computer operations to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to type quickly and efficiently and communicate information in a clear and concise fashion.
- High level of experience with data manipulation and perform data analytics daily.
- Must possess a general knowledge of non-medical counseling and related core contract functions.
- Firsthand knowledge of DoD behavioral health environment is preferred
- May lead or participate in interdepartmental project groups or task forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, contract awards, and new policy requirements.
- May be asked to travel for client meetings, presentations, etc. Travel less than 10%.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Great understanding of healthcare terminology processes and strategies.
- Bachelors or higher degree
- Management or Human Resources degrees preferred
- Military or Government Background preferred (includes Military Spouses)
- Contract program experience preferred. 6-10 Years of Contracts, Staffing, Operations, Logistics or Healthcare Experience
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills required with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership/supervision, human resources management, project management, and logistics. Management experience should include financials, programs, and personnel management.
- Must have experience and demonstrated ability in staff development and project management.
Communicates and works well with others in a team environment.
Good customer service and public relations.
Knowledge of related computer applications including database entry.
Excellent phone skills.
Able to work well independently and in a team environment.
Attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
TECHNOLOGICAL ABILITY: Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Executive
- Job type: Contract