Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services.
Intratek is seeking a Network Engineer to work onsite at our location in Phoenix, AZ.
- Network Engineer
- Onsite in Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Duration – Long Term 1+ year open ended
- Monday through Friday
- Start ASAP
- Pay rate depends on experience
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
The Network Engineer will be responsible for client’s specific backend systems, information security, and network infrastructure.
This includes but is not limited to blade and standalone servers running primarily Windows operating systems, server and desktop virtualization utilizing VMware, and SAN storage. The section is responsible for system security such as vulnerability scans and remediation, system hardening, intrusion detection and prevention, and PCI compliance. LAN administration as well as second and third level desktop support is also provided by this section in support of the dedicated desktop and help desk teams.
The Senior Network Engineer also manages the network architecture which runs predominantly on Cisco network equipment. This includes all routing and switching, wireless, Firepower appliances in ASA mode for firewalling and threat defense mode for intrusion prevention, remote access and site-to-site VPNs, identity and AAA services, Tenant Technology Services (TTS) networks, as well as interconnects to other business partners, the enterprise network, and the Internet. The work site has more than 60 unique business systems running on carrier grade MPLS network infrastructure.
• Implement network environments, devices, configurations, and topology;
• Perform monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network devices and software
• Create and maintain comprehensive network documentation;
• Assist with monitoring, analyzing, and fine-tuning the intrusion prevention system, firewalls, VPNs, and network logs to identify anomalies and/or potential threats and responds accordingly; • Manage router and switch configurations, VLANs, VRFs, etc.;
• Perform troubleshooting, performance tuning, and root cause analysis;
• Maintain secure configuration guides, implements network hardening and other security solutions, and conducts routine audits to validate compliance;
• Work closely with vendors and contractors to ensure equipment and services procured and installed comply with standards and specifications;
• Review projects for conformance to established administrative, technical system, and operations standards;
• Advise department in technical hardware/software matters as defined above;
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enterprise: Cisco routing (ASRs and L3 switch supervisors), switching (Catalyst with IOS-XE) and wireless (WLC)
- Data Center: Cisco Nexus (NX-OS)
- Security: Cisco Firepower (ASA and threat defense), VPN (site-to-site and remote access), and ISE
- Service Provider: VRF, OSPF, eBGP/iBGP, MPLS, Route Reflectors, BFD
- Collaboration: Cisco VOIP and QoS
- Management: Cisco DNA Center and DNA Spaces, Solarwinds and Wireshark
- Individuals may be required to utilize their own vehicle or airport provided vehicle and must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for Client’s business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a Client’s vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- Working hours for this position will require rotating on-call status with varying shifts and days, as assigned
Required Education, Experience and Certification
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field.
- Five+ years of progressive experience in the field of network engineering managing large scale environments.
- Current Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certifications are required – no candidates will be considered without certification.
- Additional experience and certifications related to information security are desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. "All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition."
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Engineering
- Job type: Contract