Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring an OR Registered Nurse for the VAMC in Birmingham, AL to work as a civilian.
- PTO & Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits
- ANY State License Accepted
For more information, please contact Kelsey Rosenbauer at 321-202-2756, or send a resume to email@example.com.
- All registered nurses shall have at least three (3) years current experience in an operating room setting exclusive of agency assigned tours of duty and shall be able to scrub and/or circulate.
- Agency nurses assigned to the OR or PACU units can expect to work 8 hour shifts Monday through Friday exclusive of holidays.
- Education requirements: Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or in related field or a Master’s Degree in Nursing or in related field is highly preferred.
- The minimum requirement for all registered nurses assigned to an OR/PACU shall include a current unrestricted registered nurse license from any State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States and a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate accredited by the American Heart Association.
- Additional requirements for all registered nurses assigned to the OR/PACU include current Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support Course (ACLS) certificate accredited by the American Heart Association.
- Agency nurses are preferred to have a current Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) certificate accredited by the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI).
- Prevents infection by utilization of universal precautions, correct hand washing techniques between procedures and/or patients, maintains aseptic techniques, and maintains isolation techniques. Maintains good body mechanics to prevent injury to self, patients, and staff. Uses safety protective devices for self and patient. Checks all emergency supplies and equipment per unit routine.
- Demonstrates positive effective interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical equipment in the operating room: Electro-Surgical unit, fracture table, suction (wall outlet portable), and nerve Stimulator.
- Circulating Nurse’s specific duties. All nurses in the operating room must be certified to perform the following routine scrub nurse duties and procedures on all patients:
- Demonstrates proper aseptic technique
- Operates mechanics of OR table
- Operates mechanics of OR lights
- Assists anesthesiologist
- Positions patients properly
- Opening room
- Conducts sponge/sharps/instruments count
- Completes work sheet
- Scrub Nurse specific duties. All nurses in the operating room must also be certified to perform the following routine scrub nurse duties and procedures on all patients:
- Demonstrates proper aseptic technique
- Minor surgery
- Rectal surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- GU surgery
- Eye surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- ENT surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Chest surgery
NOTE: Contractor nurses may be utilized in the Operating Room (OR) and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Unit. Duty hours are normally 0630 AM – 15:00 PM, and there are times when the Nurses are required to work after normal duty hours based on the severity of procedures, OR delays, or needs of the staff.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Healthcare
- Job type: Contract