Loyal Source is actively seeking confident and qualified Dietitian to place into 6-8 week position hiring now in Lacombe, LA.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- License/Certification in the State of practice, Current CPR& First Aid
- Conducts nutritional screenings/assessments for assigned patients (Diabetes, gastric bypass, history of eating disorder) for patients found to be at nutritional risk.
- Demonstrates proficiency using the electronic health record with all required documentation. ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures, state regulation, Joint Commission standards and Medical Needs Criteria. These records will be completed and authenticated in a timely manner per policy. This includes but is not limited to the following electronic record documents:
- Nutrition Assessment
- Eating Disorder Assessment
- Progress Notes
- Discharge Summary
- Nutrition treatment plans
- Laboratory results
- Monitors laboratory work for refeeding syndrome/medical complications for all eating disorder patients and as needed.
- Monitors intake/weight and exercise routine for each eating disorder patient
- Creates individualized meal plans for all eating disorder patients.
- Sends out regular menus for all clients and adjusts individual meal plans as medically indicated.
- Facilitates meal monitoring as needed for ED patients
- Meets individually with each eating disorder patient several times per week
- Facilitate several eating disorder groups per week (nutrition, mobility, meal preparation, lunch processing, meal outing& sandwich making).
OTHER REQUIRED TASKS:
- Completes nutrition treatment plan and review with individual patient.
- Meets individually with SA patients with diabetes, gastric by-pass, emotional eating, and medical consults.
- Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Provides updates on the nutritional status of each patient weekly or as requested.
- Acts as nutrition resource person on health care treatment team.
- Provides Nutrition Education Classes for patients, staff and visitors and individual nutritional counseling for patients as needed.
- Instructs BHT, Nursing, and Kitchen staff in individualized diet therapy, general nutrition principles, and Eating Disorder treatment protocols.
- Develops, reviews, and adapts therapeutic and modified diets to meet the needs of individual residents and/or clients in cooperation with health care/ kitchen staff.
- Communicates regularly with food service staff with regard to client therapeutic diet needs, food allergies and quality control.
- Plans and implements quality assurance program activities for the dietetic service; monitors dietary/nutrition programs to ensure compliance with federal and state standards and regulations.
- Plans menus for patients; adjusts menu cycles for nutritional adequacy, balance and variety, food availability, and budgetary control.
- Calculates nutritional values of food served. Determines serving size, frequency, and method of preparation of foods
- Assures the preparation and delivery of quality food consistent with medical prescription in a sanitary environment
- Meets regularly with the Food Services Director to discuss issues that relate to delivery and quality of nutritional services
- Reviews assessments for prospective patients.
- Coordinates therapeutic dietary orders with the attending physician/ clinical director as needed.
- Completes all required reports in a timely manner, maintaining compliance with the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Participates in scheduled in-services and other appropriate training activities.
- Cooperates with other departments in order to provide for patients’ well-being.
- Utilizes supervisory feedback to improve performance.
- Keeps current with continuing education required for registration.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT:
National Recruiter: Haley Pennington
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
Why 3000 full time Healthcare Professionals across the country choose Loyal Source? We have an answer:
- Very Aggressive Pay with the Option of Benefits
- Travel Reimbursement to anywhere in the country
- CEU and License Reimbursement
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Housing Per Diem
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Outside the US
- Category: Healthcare Support
- Job type: Contract