Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a Dental Assistant to work at Federal Prison Camp located in Montgomery Alabama as a civilian contractor on promoting and restoring patients’ health. The candidate must have a current, unrestricted licensure in ANY STATE, territory or commonwealth of the United States, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico.
- PTO & Holidays
- Health Benefits
- ANY State License Accepted
- Competitive Pay
For more information please contact Michael Brown-Jones at 407-591-3084 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of Dental Assistant training program completion
- Must have completed a Dental Assistant training program (through an accredited school or from a censed dentist through on the job training).
- Must have related clinical experience.
- Must have experience in a clinical correctional setting.
- Must have knowledge of dental x-ray equipment and radiation precautions.
- Must possess additional education in Pharmacy issues.
- Must be able to collect and track data and enter into word processor, and track scheduling of patient care.
- Must have knowledge and experience maintaining patient medical records and confidentiality.
- Must have Bilingual oral communication skills.
- Must be able to read, understand, fluently speak, and legibly write the English language.
Scope of Work:
- Assists Dental Officer in dental specialty sections: restorative, oral surgery, periodontics, prosthetics, and examinations.
- Retrieve patients' records using the Bureau Electronic Medical Record (BEMR)and escorts patients to proper dental specialty section; seats and prepares patient for attending Dental Officer; assists Dental Officer by preparing dental instruments, essential materials, drugs and medications; passes instruments, retracts tissues, irrigates oral cavity, and operates aspirator; observes patients' responses, and assists patient for dismissal from Dental clinic; gives instructions for subsequent dental appointments; makes necessary entries on dental treatment records; prepares dental treatment room for next patient; assists in the treatment of emergency cases.
- Maintains dental equipment; cleans, sharpens, and sterilizes instruments; performs daily inspection of equipment, and makes minor repairs; reports defective equipment, or utilizes corrective action.
- Performs routine oral prophylaxis of the clinical crowns of teeth; uses dental hand instruments, mechanical instruments (including ultrasonic), oral hygiene aids and prophylaxis paste to provide necessary oral prophylactic services; prepares entries for patients' records; selects and applies medication in proper portion and anticariogenic agents to surfaces of teeth; applies medication prescribed by a dental officer to gingiva to promote healing.
- Fabricates and repairs dental prosthesis and appliances under supervision; performs procedures pursuant to fabrication and repair of complete denture prosthesis and removable partial prosthesis, using acrylic resins and porcelain as basic materials.
- Takes radiographs of patients using standard dental radiographic, panelipse, cephalometric, and transcranial equipment; obtains diagnostic quality periapical, occlusal, lateral, jaw, TMJ, and panographic radiographs; correctly positions patient and film and determines level of radiation intensity to minimize radiation exposure of patients.
- Develops, fixes, washes, and dries radiographic films using automatic developing units.
- Performs and interprets four (4) quality assurances on a schedule basis on radiographic and developing equipment and safelight; and is responsible for maintaining proper infection control procedures in radiographic techniques; and sterilizes contaminated biological waste of dental clinic several times a day.
- Specific directions related primarily to unusual treatment concerning emergency professional therapy are given by the attending dentist who explains changes in professional dental procedures that are available to resolve such problems, and render advice as needed. Guidelines consist of applicable professional practices and specific written and oral instructions.
- Services will be unsupervised in nature; however, due to the nature of the services provided, some direction will be provided by the Chief Dental Officer. Services shall be monitored by the assigned COR. Dental Assistant shall utilize his or her own methods of delivering the required services.
- Expanded duties will include placing and finishing dental restorations, including bases and liners. Making primary impressions and pouring of the casts. Tooth shade selection for composite restorations and dentures.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Healthcare
- Job type: Contract