Job Reference: 9205
Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking a Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager who is ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Embrace servant-leadership and coach teams on Scrum and Kanban Agile methodologies
- Help teams create an environment that fosters transparency, learning, innovation, quality and speed
- Identify opportunities to improve overall Agile practices
- Understand and implement effective metrics on things that impact value driven delivery
- Collaborate with and influence all levels of the organization to empower and enable teams to execute Agile principles effectively
- Build, deliver and improve customized Agile training
- Work with non-development teams to help drive agile transformation in those teams
- Partners with Delivery Leaders and Scrum Masters across the organization
- Mentor Agile Business Systems Analyst assisting Development teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Managers in Agile values, principles, practices and the Scrum framework and Kanban principles
- Helps identify organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation and works with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them
- Work with stakeholders to create an executable plan with key milestones and metrics on how to get from current state to optimal state.
- Organizes workshops that help promote Agile maturity across the organization
- Communicates well with teams and leaders of the organization, good listening skills, asking questions and giving feedback
- Ensures Agile/Scrum/Kanban concepts, values and principles are adhered to, being a voice of reason and authority
- Enthusiastic and maintains a positive, high-energy attitude
- Continually grows his/her craft learning new tools and techniques
- Able to handle conflict resolution well, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and leadership skills along with mentoring experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with and present to a variety of audiences
- Experience in coaching Agile teams and management
- Experience developing plans, processes, and tool sets to make Agile transformation successful
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience managing and delivering large scale custom development or systems integration projects using Agile delivery methodology
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to apply structured thinking in solving business and technical problems
- Understanding of methodologies including waterfall, iterative/RUP delivery approach, and help client assist in their thinking process as they adapt to Agile
- Experience facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to agile scrum development & testing practices
- Ability to manage medium / large size Agile teams
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- 3+ years of experience with Agile Project Management Tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Rally etc.
- Experience with SAFe methodology (certification preferred)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Extensive knowledge and experience in full development life cycle
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
- Medical: Provided by Aetna
- Dental: Provided by Aetna
- Vision: Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following: Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Auto Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Homeowners/Renters Insurance, Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Engineering
- Job type: Contract