Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring an ICU Registered Nurse for the VAMC in Birmingham, AL to work as a civilian.
- PTO & Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits
- ANY State License Accepted
For more information please contact Chelsea Grullon at 407-868-8970 or via email at email@example.com.
- All nurses considered for assignment to an ICU shall have completed an accredited course in Intensive Care Nursing as well certification in Moderate Sedation or equivalent. In lieu of ICU certification, candidates shall possess at least five years clinical experience in an Intensive Care Unit or other critical care environment.
- All registered nurses shall have at least three (3) years prior experience in an intensive care setting to include Critical Care experience. Nurse Managers reserve the right to determine if ICU experience is conducive to their needs.
- Education requirements: Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or in related field or a master’s degree in Nursing or in related field is highly preferred.
- Agency nurses assigned to the MICU/SICU/CCU can expect to work twelve (12) hours shifts including no less than rotating weekends and holidays.
- The minimum requirement for all registered nurses assigned to any of the ICU shall include a current unrestricted registered nurse license from any State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States, a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate accredited by the American Heart Association, a current Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support Course (ACLS) certificate accredited by the American Heart Association and the Moderate Sedation Certification or equivalent.
- Agency nurses are preferred to have the Nurses with Acute/Critical Care Nursing (CCRN) certifications through the American Association of Critical Care Nurses Certification Corporation (AACN) CCRN certificate.
- All nurses in the ICU are certified to perform the following routine procedures on all patients but not limited to:
- Insertion of peripheral lines.
- Collection of blood samples by venipuncture, central venous lines, and/or Swan-Ganz catheter.
- Drawing of arterial blood from existing lines.
- Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Under the physician’s direction, the nurses in ICU may remove peripheral intravenous lines, central venous catheters and percutaneous arterial lines.
- In the event that the patient experiences chest pain or signs and symptoms of cardiac abnormalities, the nurse will perform a 12 lead EKG immediately.
- In the event that the patient develops any dysrhythmias, ACLS protocol will be followed.
- In the event that a patient requires placement of an external pacemaker, the nurse will attach the patient to a pacing wire and pacing generator.
- Records pertinent information in CPRS and/or CliniComp EHR flowsheet throughout the shift.
NOTE: Contractor nurses may be utilized as needed in specialty the Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU), Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU), Cardiac Care Unit (CCU), or the Emergency Room.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Healthcare
- Job type: Contract