Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a hazardous waste coordinator for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Jacksonville, FL
For more information, please contact Brian Rodino at 407-381-7738 or via email at email@example.com.
The Hazardous Material (HM) Coordinator performs tasks in connection with receiving, issuing, tracking, and storing hazardous materials in SERMC’s Hazardous Material Issue Point (HMIP).
The Contractor personnel shall manage HM used by SERMC personnel. Typical of the type of service that may be required, but not intended to be an all-inclusive list are as follows:
(1) Issue HM to SERMC personnel following SERMC Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
(2) Report overages, shortages, or damage of items to SERMC Environmental Department.
(3) Move or transport HM using Material Handling Equipment (MHE) such as hand carts, dollies, and pallet jacks as required.
(4) Operate computer systems and various operating software (OS) that manage HM supply concerns. Have and maintain access to the following online programs:
a. Hazardous Material Information Resource System (HMIRS) Next Generation
d. ESAMS (Enterprise Safety and Management System)
(5) Complete required forms to order HM.
(6) Maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for all HM. Review incoming SDSs to ensure they contain the information required by 29 CFR 1910.1200 (HAZCOM Standard). Ensure SDSs have unique identifier that matches the associated HM.
(7) Ensure HM is properly segregated and stored in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
(8) Ensure all HM containers are in good working order and properly labeled in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.1200 and Navy requirements.
(9) Ensure HM is uniquely identified for reference, retrieval, and cross-reference between the label, SDS, Authorized Use List (AUL), and HM inventory.
(10) Ensure SERMC Safety Standard Operating Procedures for the management of HM are followed.
(11) Ensure SERMC’s AUL is up-to-date by coordinating with the Navy’s Hazardous Material Minimization (HAZMIN) Center. Ensure all HM has required labeling (i.e. bar code) provided by HAZMIN Center.
(12) Maintain constant coordination/communication with SERMC logisticians for the procurement of HM.
(13) Accomplish the AUL add process for HM requested that is not on SERMC’s AUL.
(14) Ensure HM on hand does not exceed assigned shelf life. Request shelf life extensions prior to expiration if the HM is capable of being extended.
(15) Conduct a weekly inventory of all HM and submit report to SERMC Environmental.
(16) Ensure eyewash station is tested weekly and fire extinguisher is not blocked in accordance with applicable regulatory and Navy requirements.
(17) Ensure the HMIP is maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
(18) Turn in empty containers to the HAZMIN Center as necessary.
(19) Ensure compliance with NAVSUP Publication 722, Consolidated Hazardous Material Reutilization and Inventory Management Program (CHRIMP) Manual.
The RW Coordinator performs tasks in connection with the management and disposal of regulated waste generated by SERMC. The Contractor shall manage RW generated by SERMC personnel. Typical of the type of service that may be required, but not intended to be an all-inclusive list are as follows:
(1) Manage RW following SERMC Safety SOPs, Naval Station Mayport Instructions, and 40 Code of Federal Regulations.
(2) Move or transport RW using Material Handling Equipment (MHE) such as hand carts, drum dollies, and pallet jacks as required.
(3) Ensure the correct waste profile is assigned to waste generated by SERMC.
(4) Ensure RW containers are closed when not in use, labeled with the appropriate labels, and writing is legible. Ensure containers are maintained IAW
Mayport Naval Station Instructions and 40 CFR.
(5) Provide SERMC personnel with the necessary containers and labeling for the RW that is expected to be generated.
(6) Conduct monthly Storm Water Pollution Prevention (SWPP) inspections of SERMC’s facility. Identify potential releases into storm drains or waterways. Provide inspection report to SERMC Environmental representative for evaluation and retention.
(7) Conduct daily inspection of Satellite Accumulation Areas (SAAs) within SERMC. Ensure labels are accurate and legible, lids are secured when not in use, no spills on outside of containers and amount has not been exceeded. Maintain a log of inspections and deficiencies. Provide log to SERMC Environmental representative for evaluation and retention. Ensure SAA RW storage areas are maintained IAW Mayport Naval Station Instructions and 40 CFR.
(8) Conduct daily inspection of 60-day RW storage areas. Maintain a log of inspections and deficiencies. Provide log to SERMC Environmental representative for evaluation and retention. Ensure 60-day RW storage areas are maintained IAW Mayport Naval Station Instructions and 40 CFR.
(9) Monitor recycling containers throughout the building and empty as necessary.
All personnel must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience within the last five (5) years in independently or leading a team of technicians in the receiving, issuing, tracking, and storing of hazardous material and managing regulated waste. All personnel must already currently possess or be able to obtain a 10-hour OSHA Maritime Employment Course #7615 completion card within 60 days of the contract start date in accordance with the PWS.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Engineering
- Job type: Contract