Government Accounting & Compliance Director
Loyal Source is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative individual to join a growing Financial Controllership Team as a Government Accounting & Compliance Director. As the Government Accounting & Compliance Director, the individual will be responsible for maintaining Accounting policies & procedures focused on federal government contract compliance (e.g., FAR, DFARS, CAS) as well as USGAAP.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Develops programs for and conducts financial, Business Systems and/or operational audits in such areas as internal controls and procedures, time and labor charging, pricing, estimating, accounting for unallowable costs, property and Mandatory Disclosure in relation to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Ensures continued approved status of major business processes and systems (Accounting, Estimating, Procurement & Property) to do business with the U.S. Government.
- Support/prepare Forward Pricing Proposals, Incurred Costs Proposals, and Requests for Equitable Adjustment and Settlement Proposals as required.
- Oversight to billing and reporting on Cost Plus government contracts in accordance with Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DFARS).
- Review revenue, margin, and monthly invoices for cost-plus programs.
- Reviews, researches, analyzes and resolves issues raised by government auditors.
- Prepares reports summarizing audit findings, reviews findings with management, makes recommendations and prepares cost impacts and/or technical position responses as necessary in response to customer inquiry and in support of legal counsel.
- Interfaces with government and customer auditors as required.
- Conducts training sessions for employees and assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Anticipates changes to procurement and accounting regulation; recommends and implements compliant accounting and business management changes as necessary
Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, auditors, Accounting/Finance Team members, division leaders and program managers. Exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Weekly and monthly reporting to CFO and Executive Team. Periodic invoicing and government reporting deadlines.
- BA/BS in Accounting, required.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and ERP systems.
- Graduate degree and/or CPA preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience in Government Contracting
- Experience with FAR/DFARS/CAS regulations
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Government Contracts cost-plus billing experience
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Trustworthy and attention to confidentiality
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Executive
- Job type: Full Time