The Military and Family Life Counselor (Social Worker), herein referred as MFLC(s), are licensed counselors and social workers who provide non-medical counseling services to military service members and their families. This program was designed as a necessity to support our men and women on the front lines along with their families. Non-medical counseling is supportive in nature and addresses: conditions of living; life skills; improving relationships at home and at work; stress management; adjustment issues, such as those related to returning from deployment; marital problems; parenting, and fear, grief and loss. Counseling modalities consist of individual, family, couples and groups.
Military and Family Life Counselors can be:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LICSW)
- Licensed Medical Social Worker (LMSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors (LCPC)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Masters Level Psychologists
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides face-to-face, non-medical counseling to military service members and their families.
- Makes appropriate referrals to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Able to work independently to develop, implement and evaluate safety and intervention plans to meet individual and family needs.
- Self manages daily schedule aligned with the needs of military service members and their families focusing on full daily commitment in accordance with MFLC mission,
- Consults with military command and installation service providers as requested.
- Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge and on demand events, and special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the OSD program manager.
- Manages duty to warn and mandatory reporting situations according to DOD protocol.
- Communicates with supervisors to share information regarding trends and issues at their assigned installation.
- Participates in regular in-service/training, Quality Improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must speak fluent English, additional languages (e.g. Spanish) preferred.
- Master’s degree from an accredited graduate program in a mental health related field such as social work, psychology, marriage/family therapy, or counseling.
- Must hold and maintain a valid unrestricted counseling license or certification from a state, the District of Columbia, a U.S. territory or commonwealth that grants authority to provide counseling services as an independent practitioner in their respective fields.
- Individual must be licensed in the state that the position is located.
- Typical licenses include: LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LCPC, LMHC.
- Candidate must demonstrate counseling competence preceding their employment with the MFLC program.
- An understanding of the military lifestyle and working with military family members
- Preferred clearance Secret or able to achieve Secret Clearance eligible
- Working knowledge of military, state, federal, and local laws and resources.
- Experience working with Family programs and/or advocacy services, military or civilian social service agencies.
- Ability to work with military and civilian medical, social service, law enforcement, and legal personnel on behalf of service members and their families.
- Develop trusting helping relationships and work effectively with individuals and families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Experience in intervening during crises using sound professional judgment, ethical practice, and common sense.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Schedule and location:
- Rotational assignments 9-12 months in length
- Surge contracts 30-180 days in length
- Future bid opportunities will be located across all military installations in the US and worldwide
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance available
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, mental health counseling, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Engineering
- Job type: Contract