Our client, a large Department of Defense contractor, is in need of 2nd shift production help. This position is located in Londonderry, NH.
The Production Technician will provide support to the production line with unit alignment, assembly, and test.
Major functions: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Assemble, align, and test, systems, components and subassemblies following specified work instructions and procedures to ensure finished product meets established operational and cosmetic requirements
• Working knowledge of electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies
• Performs basic computer activities with programs provided
• Identifies, utilizes, and performs preventive maintenance on tools and test equipment.
• Demonstrate comprehension of engineering prints and schematics.
• Reports deviations from standard to appropriate resource for review, instruction and authorization and obtains quality inspection when appropriate
• Supports Lean manufacturing efforts through continuous process improvement
• Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures
• Applies considerable English language skills to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Applies considerable math skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Cultivates a culture that assures effective cross functional team work
• Performs job duties in a manner that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
• Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values
• Consistently at work and on-time
• Participates in a variety of meetings, committees and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve issues and maintains specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies
• All other duties as assigned
Technical/Functional skills: COMPETENCIES
• Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares knowledge with others
• Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; asks for and offers help when needed; offers assistance and support to co-workers
• Conflict Resolution - Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Change Management - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance
• Dependability - Follows instructions; policies and procedures, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions; keeps others adequately informed
• Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality while meeting productivity standards; promotes customer focus
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: QUALIFICATIONS
• High School diploma or GED
• 2 years’+ related experience
• Computer skills required (Excel, Word); LabView program preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency at operating 25%-50% of work stations as documented by training records
Must be a US Citizen with a clean background check and drug screen.
Marathon Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
- Marathon Staffing
- New Hampshire
- Category: Production
- Career level: Intermediate
- Salary: $22/hr
- Job type: Full Time