• Applies demonstrated project management skills to ensure project deliverables and expectations are met on a daily basis.
• Remains current on all applicable tax withholding laws, regulations, and requirements in each active location.
• Coordinates and administers multi-state payroll tax compliance.
• Calculates, documents and validates tax files, remittances and ensures the accurate settlement of daily tax deposits.
• Prepares regular payroll tax filings to IRS and state agencies, monthly, and quarterly.
• Maintains and executes work plan to produce accurate, timely year-end information for W-2 and 1099M, through data scrubbing.
• Performs special projects that are designed to explore ways to improve accuracy, efficiency, and the timeliness of timesheet data submission.
• Identifies bank reconciliation discrepancies and work with finance staff to execute a solution.
• Performs support ticket transaction resolution tasks.
• Responds to incoming departmental support tickets to solve outstanding issues, within contract requirements.
• Manages tax notice response process.
• Responsible for Account balancing for SUI, FUTA, FICA, and SIT.
• Establishes and maintains excellent communication with tax agency staff at local, state and federal levels.
• Improves processes that will either eliminate or reduce tax notices.
• Prepares correspondence to address tax notices and other communications received from clients and tax agencies to resolve outstanding issues.
• Performs User Acceptance Testing when need is identified.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of progressive experience with automated financial operations center projects and a year of prior tax and financial administration experience.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team situation and autonomously with minimal supervision.
• Detailed and process improvement oriented
• Experience project management skills
• Working knowledge of balance sheets
• Excellent PC spreadsheet and database skills
• Ability to reconcile tax filings