The Chemical Buyer is responsible for partnering with multiple internal departments to ensure the flow of purchased materials to support the requirements from safety stock, forecast, and customer orders by the purchasing of specific commodity codes, and meet inventory goals by continual review of inbound and on-hand materials.
• Purchasing of chemicals (bulk, totes, dry, powders & liquid).
• Responsible for creation of Purchase Order (PO), target pricing, negotiations, expediting, and completion of PO
• Assist with reviewing and revising purchase orders to meet Customer priorities
• Contact Master Scheduler and Customer Service with any material delays and/or disruptions of materials for any reason
• Maintain item set up for pricing, lead-time, MOQ, regulatory documents, and vendor data
• Coordinate inbound logistics by working with vendors and carriers to meet the required delivery
• Track monthly vendor performance metrics both by the vendor and by the customer
• Proactively perform cycle counts and analyze material losses
• Review raw materials for cost savings as well participate in cost savings projects
• Responsible for the costing of all pilots and guaranteeing appropriate vendors for all materials
• Obtain regulatory documents
• Send monthly forecast to vendors
• Minimum of 5 years as a chemical buyer in a manufacturing environment, particular previous experience within process manufacturing, inventory control, or production environment
• Buying in ERP system environment and implementation.
• Inventory Control/Logistics Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• APICS experience preferred
• Detail-focused and possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time direct hire opportunity offering a competitive salary base and comprehensive benefits.