The Mainframe System Programmer who will provide support of the IBM mainframe computer system, program products and subsystems.
Primary responsibilities will be to hire a z/OS systems programmer in the System Services group who has in-depth experience with the mainframe z/OS operating system, its subsystems and related program products including: UNIX Systems Services. In addition, the candidate must have experience with VT AM and TCP/IP, The candidate will be required to support, maintain and install the above products.
• Experience working with z/OS, JES2, SMP/E, TSO, IOCP/HCD, program product installations, working knowledge or the IBM virtual tape system and Unix System Services.
• Working knowledge of CICS, IMS, DB2 and AFP printing is a plus.
• Experience in using monitoring tools such as OMEGAMON
• Individual will be required to provide Production 24/7 coverage (if required) and support weekend implementations.
• Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementation
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required
• The ability to work as part of a group and individually
• The ability to shuffle priorities in response to a changing workload.
• The ability to keep up with changing technology.
• Must be reliable, honest and technically inclined.
• Must be willing to learn new technologies which the candidate may have no experience with.
- ATRIA Consulting , LLC
- New York
- Category: Computer & IT
- Career level: Advanced
- Job type: Full Time