Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a not-for-profit environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience providing executive support to C-Suite, Stakeholders, and the Board of Directors.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Cultural aptitude and commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Racism, and Anti-Oppression.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• Experience or interest in working with numbers, such as discussing a budget or a profit and loss statement.
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications, social advocacy, and fundraising
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Experience or ability to learn new and emerging technologies and apps such as Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, Docusign, Expensify, Bill.com, Oracle Netsuite
This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- ATRIA Consulting , LLC
- New York
- Category: Administrative
- Career level: Advanced
- Job type: Full Time