The Senior Cosmetics Chemist will lead a color cosmetics lab, create new formulas, updating current formulas based on customer specifications, and train and manage staff.
• Develop new formulations up to the first production.
• Troubleshoot and improve current formulations.
• Make batches and put promising formulas up for stability testing, as well as evaluate on a weekly basis.
• Manage projects from inception to completion with a focus on quality and timeliness.
• Specify and purchase lab equipment/lab supplies.
• Devise precise bulk color reproduction processes.
• Write and improve current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Identify new raw materials & technologies with potential benefits for cosmetics applications.
• Checking products for suitability and testing for performance under various conditions.
• Ensure employees follow industry standards and safety regulations for handling and disposing of samples.
• Ensure all activities are performed in compliance with applicable safety and environmental regulations.
• Stay current on government regulation and convey changes.
• Communicate with customer service representatives to ensure everyone is updated on new developments.
• Write technical reports to describe their method processes and find findings.
• Keep up to date with trends and innovations within the cosmetic industry.
• Present lab updates/formula findings to the CEO.
• Hire and train Lab staff.
• Schedule and direct lab staff on work projects.
• Evaluate the lab staff's work products and provide guidance as needed.
Experience and Requirements:
• 7-10+ years of experience in color cosmetic makeup formulation essential.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field; Masters preferred.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to supervise, mentor, and manage chemists.
• In-depth knowledge of the principles of cosmetic science.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations (FDA, etc.) for the formulation.
• Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
• Knowledge of and ability to assist in the scale-up and manufacturing process.
• Experience working with color cosmetics, particularly powder and liquid cosmetics.
This is a full-time direct hire opportunity offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- ATRIA Consulting , LLC
- Category: Management
- Career level: Advanced
- Job type: Full Time