Surgery Scheduler Responsibilities:
• Provides planning and service to patients and Physicians to facilitate the scheduling and performance of surgical procedures.
• Insurance authorizations and scheduling for surgical procedures.
• Organizing and maintaining Doctors surgery schedule.
• Checking patient medical chart / record to determine if patients are ready for surgery. Order and schedule any tests needed prior to surgery.
• Respond to patient questions regarding their surgery and provide patient education in preparing for their surgery.
• Patient education and consents in preparation for surgery.
• May back up other office roles occasionally as needed.
• Other duties may be assigned by Department Lead or Administrator.
Surgery Scheduler Requirements:
• 3 or more years of medical practice experience with scheduling patients for surgical procedures.
• Experience with insurance authorizations and scheduling surgical procedures.
• Strong commitment to first class customer service and patient care.
• Excellent verbal & written English language communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with HMO & PPO insurance plans with an understanding of CPT / HCPCS and ICD-10 codes.